Started my own business – Martin Johnson Communications Pty Ltd
2003 – 2008
Communications Manager, Bible Society NSW
Director – Jesus. All about life
Jesus. All about life is a national media campaign to promote the Christian message using prime-time television. It ran in Adelaide in August, 2005, Canberra in April 2006 and Tasmania in October, 2007. It ran in NSW and WA from September 15th, 2009. Responsible for Communications for Bible Society NSW. Click to read media coverage.
2000 – 2003
Group Manager – Corporate Communications, Wesley Mission, Sydney.
Management of Direct Mail Appeals, Deferred Giving, Trusts and Foundations, Public Relations and Media, Communications, Radio, TV and video production, Wesley Graphics, Wesley Internet and Intranet and Wesley Film Productions.
1982 – 2000
Manager Communications, Wesley Mission, Sydney
- Master of Arts, Communication Management – UTS, May 1999
- Executive Producer and Director of An Australian Christmas at Darling Harbour broadcast nationally on the Seven Network, 1991-97, Network TEN, 1998-1999, Live event, 2000, 2001
- Manager of Wesley Graphics – in house graphic design studio.
- Manager – Wesley Film Productions – extensive production experience including 3 major documentary series shot on location in the Middle East.
- Webmaster – Wesley Mission web site. www.wesleymission.org.au
- Editor of Impact, 32 page full colour magazine published 4 times a year.
- Producer/Co-host of Sunday Night Live- radio program on 2GB Talking Sydney. Consistently rated the #1 religious talk program in it’s time slot.
- Producer/Director of Turn ‘Round Australia, a weekly national television program on the Nine Network. (I produced 48 episodes a year for 20 years)
- Executive Producer of Swordfish/Stand TV. Weekly 30 minute program on Network TEN. (Sundays 6.30am.)
- Graduate, Senior Manager’s Program, Monash-Mt Eliza Management School.
Post-Graduate level study in Scripting and Direction at San Diego State University, California. Study year made possible by a Rotary Foundation Award.
Qualifications: Master of Arts – Communication Management